2013 Rally of Otago spectator tour
RallySport Magazine are currently putting together a spectator tour for the 2013 International Classic Rally of Otago, to be held in New Zealand's South Island in April.
This year's Otago Rally will feature former World Rally Champion, Miki Biasion (Porsche 911 RS) and four-time Australian Rally Champion, Neal Bates (Toyota Celica), among the classic rally competitors, while the event also doubles as the first round of the 2013 New Zealand Rally Championship.
Having attended the event over 10 times, RallySport Magazine are well
placed to guide you through the best spectating options for this year's
event, as well as providing special additions to make your trip one to
After tour participants make their way to Dunedin, the
tour will begin on Thursday morning, April 4, and conclude on Monday,
April 8, with the tour package including four-nights quality hotel
accommodation, hire car, and many rally extras.
The planned tour
itinerary* will include dinner with Miki Biasion on the Thursday
evening, the opportunity to drive over some of the rally's iconic
stages, and the event's famous presentation dinner on the Sunday night.
between, you'll see the best of the spectator locations, which utilise
the Otago Rally's traditional shire road stages, as well as spectator
points in the surrounding pine plantations.
Self-drive tour prices start from $675 per person, double share. (Contact us for the exact price in New Zealand and/or Australian dollars)
to limited accommodation in Dunedin over the rally weekend, places on
the tour will be strictly limited. Those wishing to obtain further
information, should contact RallySport Magazine as soon as possible, but
sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then correspond with you to provide more information.
The proposed tour itinerary* is as follows:
Thursday, April 4
- Arrive in Dunedin
- Pick up hire car
- Check in at Mecure Dunedin Hotel
- Free time in afternoon
- Rally dinner with Miki Biasion*
Friday, April 5
- Free time to explore Dunedin and visit some of the cities attractions.
- Optional drive over iconic Otago Rally stages
- Ceremonial start at The Octagon
Saturday, April 6
- Rally stages north of Dunedin
- Famous tarmac street stage in Dunedin
- Evening free
Sunday, April 7
- Rally stages south of Dunedin
- Champagne finish at Dunedin Railway Station
- Presentation dinner at Dunedin Town Hall
Monday, April 8
- Depart Dunedin
* Itinerary subject to official confirmation
The 2013 Rally of Otago tour will include:
* 5 days car hire (compact auto, Corolla)
* 4 nights at Mercure including breakfast
* Ticket to the pre-event dinner, featuring Miki Biasion
* Ticket to Rally of Otago presentation dinner
$675 per person in a double room
$728 per person in a twin room
$1075 per person in a single room
(Contact us for prices for a larger vehicle)