Paddon dominates day one of Otago Rally
- 23 August 2016
- Latest News, Uncategorized
- Posted by Otago Rally
- Leave your thoughts
New Zealand's leading rally driver, Hayden Paddon has finished the first day of the DriveSouth Rally of Otago with a commanding 1m33.4 second lead in his Subaru Impreza.
Paddon was totally dominant on the first nine stages of the event and
leads current New Zealand Rally Champion, Dean Sumner in a Mitsubishi
Lancer Evo IX, with Emma Gilmour third in her Subaru.
Chris West lies fourth in his Mitsubishi, followed by Richard Mason (Subaru) and Sloan Cox (Mitsubishi).
More to follow.
Rally of Otago after Day 1
1. H. Paddon / J. Kennard, Subaru Impreza WRX, 1h24m38.6s
2. D. Sumner / P. Fallon, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, +1m33.4s
3. E. Gilmour / G. Macneall, Subaru Impreza WRX, +1m44.0s
4. C. West / E. Kyle, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, +2m15.0s
5. R. Mason / S. Mason, Subaru Impreza WRX, +2m19.8s